Resources for Talking to Kids about Coronavirus
Talking with Kids about Coronavirus
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
My Kids School is Closed, So Now What?
Helping Your Family De-Stress During Coronavirus Uncertainty
Brainpop Video on Coronavirus
A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus from NPR
The Yucky Bug by Julia Cook: Read Aloud
Handwashing: Keeping your Family Healthy
Stop Germs Wash Your Hands
- Limit television viewing or access to information on the Internet and through social media. Try to avoid watching or listening to information that might be upsetting when your children are present.
- Speak to your child about how many stories about COVID-19 on the Internet may be based on rumors and inaccurate information.
- Talk to your child about factual information of this disease—this can help reduce anxiety.
- Constantly watching updates on the status of COVID-19 can increase anxiety—avoid this.
- Be aware that developmentally inappropriate information (i.e., information designed for adults) can cause anxiety or confusion, particularly in young
- Engage your child in games or other interesting activities instead.