August 5 - Illness Precautions
The district has long-standing precautions for students experiencing fever. Students with fever of 100 degrees or higher may not return to school until their temperature has remained below 100 degrees for more than 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
In addition to this precaution, do not send your child to school if…
- He/she has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting the results.
- He/she is experiencing any one of the following:
- fever, shortness of breath
- loss of taste/smell
- new/worsening cough
- He/she is experiencing any two of the following:
- sore throat
- body/muscle aches
- chills, fatigue
- runny nose
- He/she has been in a household with anyone:
- who has tested positive for COVID-19
- has been in a household with anyone who has been quarantined for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Specific questions regarding these precautions may be directed to your school nurse.
Lexington Four is committed to do everything possible to ensure that students can learn in a safe and healthy environment. All Lexington Four employees and students will practice guidelines established to protect one’s own health, preserve the health of others, and reduce the spread of COVID-19.