January 10, 2022 - Response Update (e-Learning)
Our goal: Maximize student learning time on-campus with appropriate safety protocols.
Lexington Four is experiencing increased staff absences due to COVID-19. At this time, we continue to monitor staff availability and make adjustments as necessary. Should staff availability prohibit safe operation of school, we will transition groups to e-Learning with the goal of minimizing the impact to the smallest group of students for the shortest time possible.
Groups of students will transition to e-Learning when:
- required by DHEC guidance; or
- staff exclusions prohibit appropriate student supervision, services, or transportation.
Lexington 4 does not intend to transition to school-wide e-Learning except as a last resort.
If your child is impacted by a transition to e-Learning, assignments will be provided so that learning may continue at home. We will make every effort to notify affected families as soon as possible. Detailed e-Learning plans are provided with the notice of a transition to e-Learning.
DHEC recommends the following practices to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Get tested if you have COVID-related symptoms
- Maintain social distancing
- Practice good hygiene
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Wear a mask inside school buildings and on the school bus