- Lexington School District 4
SHS Graduation - June 5th
Swansea High School Commencement Ceremony Set for June 5th
Lexington School District Four looks forward to providing the Swansea High School Class of 2020 the opportunity to receive their high school diploma on Friday, June 5th at 8 o’clock in the morning at Doug Bennett Stadium. The ceremony will be a return to a 65-year tradition of holding Commencement on the Swansea High campus!
Please make note that in accordance with state guidelines due to the Coronavirus, numerous additional rules will be implemented in an effort to keep our students, families, and staff members healthy. These guidelines will be strictly enforced.
- Per state guidelines, graduates will be limited to two tickets for immediate family members.
- Doug Bennett Stadium will be set up to accommodate social distancing for both graduates and the families in attendance.
- Specific entry and exit procedures will be used to allow for social distancing.
- Sanitation stations will be set up throughout the stadium and restrooms will be monitored to ensure proper capacity.
District officials request that families take group photos at home before or after the ceremony. All participants will be required to maintain social distancing guidelines at all times inside the stadium and in the stadium parking lot. The ceremony will be live streamed and recorded for those family members and friends unable to attend. In the event of inclement weather, an alternative ceremony plan will be enacted using the Lexington Four Fine Arts Center. This plan will require multiple ceremonies in order to ensure both social distancing and the ability of each graduate to maintain two family members in attendance.
Lexington Four is pleased to be able to honor the Swansea High School Class of 2020 with this graduation ceremony! The district thanks everyone in advance for their willingness to comply with these guidelines in order to protect the well-being of all participants. More detailed information will be provided to graduates and their families in the near future. Please also realize that plans may change in response to any directives from the Governor.